In the role of Events Executive, you will assist in planning logistics for a variety of first-class school events (attended by up to 300 students) including preparation days, residential events and conferences.
Supporting the Events Manager you will recruit and manage a database of tutors and speakers, track individual event budgets, play a key role in organising event logistics and report on event performance to aid future event planning and delivery.
The successful candidate will be personable, organised and committed to delivering the highest level of customer care. Previous events management experience is desirable but not essential, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable experience within the events industry.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Assist with event logistics planning, ensuring all aspects of events are delivered efficiently, effectively and with the highest quality of customer care.
- More specifically you will:
- Oversee delegate registers - for Private Clients, Independent Bookings, and School Bookings – ensuring delegates are registered and all details correct.
- Enable the smooth operation of the events timetable – juggling extensive schedules to ensure all sessions are attended.
- Book transport and accommodation for small to large-scale events.
- Report on individual event budgets on a daily basis.
- Manage collateral and materials (i.e. printed tests, brochures, flyers, presentations, banners) working with the marketing team to develop collateral content.
Tutor recruitment and management
- Recruit and manage a pool of tutors, speakers and consultants - fostering these relationships by ensuring they are accurately briefed and supervised before, during and after events.
- Take a lead on the creation of our monthly tutor newsletter - working internally across teams to collate relevant information.
Systems, strategy and reporting
- Ensure all events are updated on the CRM system.
- Continually build relationships with suppliers and venues, collating a database of contacts for use in event delivery.
- Work on the Events strategy to improve event delivery and success rate.
- Educated to degree level (or international equivalent).
- Personable and resourceful.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent administrative and planning skills.
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM systems (desirable).
- 6 months+ experience in events management (desirable).
What we offer
- £20k-£22k depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday + Christmas closedown period.
- Friendly, vibrant and challenging working environment.
- Flexible working conditions.