We are seeking an experienced, well-qualified US University entrance exam Tutors to join the Dukes US Applications team, with a primary focus on the SAT, ACT and SAT II subject tests. You will work alongside the Managing Director to prepare students for SAT and ACT subject tests as part of their application to US Universities.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Delivery of one-to-one tuition sessions with UK secondary school students preparing for the SAT or ACT tests.
- Assessment of mock exams.
- Create and manage bespoke programmes and schedules for students to ensure positive outcomes for students.
- Typical commitment ranges from 2-6 hours per week per student - preference will be given to tutors willing to take on multiple students and committing to a total of 6 or more hours per week.
- To be considered for our distance tuition pool, candidates will need access to a personal computer with webcam & reliable high-speed internet and able to demonstrate experience with web technology.
- Tutoring can take place at Dukes Education Group offices in central London, online or in the student's home.
- Top-level college graduate.
- Knowledge of the US secondary and higher education systems.
- Experience with all sections of the SAT and/or ACT tests (700+ on all SAT sections or 31+ overall on ACT).
- Willingness to teach all sections of the exam(s).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Prior successful tutoring experience - supported by references.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexible approach to different learning styles.
- Knowledge and use of successful teaching strategies and techniques.
- Familiarity with internet phone technology – FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangout etc.
- Passion for teaching and learning – one academic year commitment.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.